5.16.2012

A Day Representing Hope


What an incredible weekend! I was finally able to celebrate my first Mother's Day, something I have longed for for numerous years. I got a pedicure on Friday, bought a jogging stroller, went to a food truck festival (yum!), got my hair cut (doesn't sound exciting but it always makes me feel better), celebrated Mother's Day at church with Kyla, enjoyed not cooking or cleaning (thanks Jeff!), and received flowers, gifts, and chocolate-covered strawberries (my favorite). Jeff even took a few days off last week to help us get some things done around the house, which also made us feel really good and productive.


But what truly made it special was, of course, Kyla. I always had faith that I would someday celebrate being a mom; I knew God had given me a love for kids for a reason. But I wasn't sure when I would get to enjoy this special title. Yet I clung to the hope that God was in control, that He knew what He was doing, that He would bring joy out of the struggle. And He did, and I wouldn't want anything different!

A verse that really stuck with me is Romans 15:13: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

And just the other day I heard this song on the radio, one that I have heard numerous times over the past few years that really spoke to me, reiterating that I will trust in God, regardless of whether I'm in good times or not-so-good. Yet I'm so very thankful I'm in those good times right now! 

Oh, God of heaven come and hem me in  
Gather the pieces that are broken  
Show me the wonder of You again  
Oh, God of heaven
 
God of my hope, God of my need  
God of my pain that no one else will ever see  
God of my healing, God of my strength  
God who has always and will forever reign  
God of my everything
 
In all creation You call my name  
In all the beauty that this world displays  
Still I'm the one for whom Your heart aches  
In all creation  

And when the mountains shake  
You are my God, You never change  
And when the earth gives way  
You are still God, You never change
 
God of my hope, God of my need  
God of my pain that no one else will ever see  
God of my healing, God of my strength  
God who has always and will forever reign  
God of my everything 

("God of My Everything" by Bebo Norman) 

No comments:

Post a Comment